Emperors Festival - A Celebration of Food, Drink & Music
28 August 2014 - 31 August 2014
Emperors Palace - Tennis Court - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Sensory indulgence abound at the Emperors Food, Drink and Entertainment Festival
By decree of the Emperor, a festival like no other is set to take place at The Palace of Dreams next month with over 60 stands and activities under one roof. Taking place from 28 to 31 August 2013, the resort will officially launch the Emperors Food, Drink and Entertainment Festival that will give visitors at least one reason to go, and even more reasons to stay.
The festival will present a fusion of culinary experiences and sensory delights created for those who want to escape to Eden for a day. Themed lighting, backdrops and theatrics in the form of live music, street buskers, big screens and live sport are all aimed at creating a new world to escape to. Accessibility couldn’t be easier with the O. R. Tambo International Airport less than 5 minutes away, and the Gautrain route and bus service taking guests directly to the Palace of Dreams.
Feast your eyes as The Palace of Dreams transforms into a picturesque village built for indulgence and shared memories at one of the six themed areas;
- Taverns of the World will present guests with a feast of gastronomic delights and international foods from across the globe. Imagine mouth-watering paella’s, hearty Greek cuisine and rare African delicacies, to name a few;
- Meet the brew masters and micro brewers at Brewers Lane where hops connoisseurs can sample and purchase a plethora of local craft and international beers;
- The Beer House aka “dad’s spot” will keep sports fans and music lovers entertained for hours with big bands and live sporting broadcasts in an authentic beer hall;
- While the kids beg for more at the Amusement Park comprising of thrilling rides, mom and dad can explore the country market and Emperors Table (a one-stop shop where guests can sample everything on offer at the festival before exploring the fiesta for themselves);
- Emperors Palate will offer discerning guests a stylish area where the Emperor himself has selected only the finest wine estates, scotch-makers and distillers to serve the best meads, malts and fruits of the vine;
- For those longing for summer, what better way to welcome warmer days than with the Emperors Beach. The whopping 80m stretch of sandy beach scattered with picnic cushions and island bars will provide the perfect day time family retreat. As the sun sets, Emperors Beach will be transformed by fairy lights into a laid-back island vibe, perfect for cocktail sipping and romantic dances alongside the big fire pits. Emperors Palace’s fourth Really Good Weekends will also take place on the sandy shores on Sunday, 31 August.
Tickets for the festival are R80 per person with complimentary entry for children under the age of 12. Amusement park rides are R25 per ride. The festival will be open on Thursday and Friday from 16h00 to 22h30, Saturday from 11h00 to 22h30, and on Sunday from 10h00 to 18h00. Parking will be available next to the 5-star D’oreale Grande hotel and across the resort.
Quote the promotion code FESTIVAL to secure this fantastic rate.
- Peermont D’Oreale Grande (5 Star) - R800 per person sharing, per night in a Classic room (including breakfast)
- Upgrade to a Superior room on the Club Floor for an additional R500 per room per night.
- Peermont Mondior (4 Star) - R550 per person sharing, per night (including breakfast) in a Classic
- Peermont Metcourt (3 Star) - R400 per person sharing, per night (including breakfast) in a Classic room
- Offer is valid from 28 to 31 August 2014 and subject to availability.
- The rates are inclusive of Breakfast, per person, per stay.
- The room rate is applicable to single or double occupancy only, maximum of 2 persons per room.
- Rates are net and non commissionable.
- Offer will be made available for bookings via the Emperors Palace website, Peermont Website or via Facebook and will be subject to availability and pre-payment. In the event that the rate is sold out on a particular night, the best available rate will be offered instead.
- Rate cannot be combined with other promotional rates or discounts.
- The rates are inclusive 14% VAT and 1% Tourism levy.
- Offer not applicable to the Tour segment (FIT or groups), leisure, Sport or conference groups.
- Standard booking terms and conditions apply.