Eat-your-heart out at the Emperors Palace Food, Drink and Music Festival
"Laughter is brightest where food is best” – Irish Proverb Cooking is love made visible and Emperors Palace proves exactly that at the Emperors Food, Drink and Music Festival from 28 – 31 August.
Featuring, amongst others, the Emperors Palate and Royal Treats areas, more than 60 food stands and a selection of the finest wine estates, scotch-makers and distillers to serve the best meads, malts and fruits of the vine - will provide the visitors with at least one good reason to go, and many more to stay!
Officially opening to the public on Thursday, 28 August, Emperors Palate and Royal Treats will provide moreish delicacies and treats for food enthusiasts, families and friends looking to indulge in a more refined food & drink experience.
For the Emperors Palate - think delicious cheese platters, fresh oysters and a selection of wines and champagnes – all too good to resist. Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, Emperors Palate will tantalize all taste buds with scrumptious meals such as delicious breakfast Panini’s and wraps, smoked salmon bagels, a variety of filled-croissants, home-made meringues, mini tartlets, fresh cheese cakes and crème patisserie, a selection of canapés and not to forget dinner highlights such as beef fillet and a sushi selection.
As part of the experience, guests will also receive a free wine glass or beer mug to add to the occasion. For coffee and chocolate lovers, Royal Treats will provide a massive range of everyone’s favourite coffee and chocolate combinations, creatively paired together.
The Emperors Food, Drink and Music Festival will present a flavoursome fusion of culinary experiences and sensory delights created for those who want to escape to Eden for a day.
Visitors will be able to feast their eyes as The Palace of Dreams will be transformed into a picturesque village with the following themed areas;
- An authentic Beer Lane will give malt fanatics an up close experience to sample, buy and enjoy the finest beer South Africa’s craft beer makers have to offer. Craft breweries exhibiting include Chameleon Breweries, Smack Republic Breweries and Windermere Breweries, to name but a few.
- Brewers Lane opens to the great Beer House aka “Dad’s Spot” where sports fans and music lovers will be entertained for hours. Enjoy a variety of food and drink in the biggest Beer House in town where bands will entertain visitors with jazz, blue grass, country, reggae and rock.
Screens will also be placed throughout the festival where rugby supporters will be able to watch their favourite game.
- Taverns of the World will present guests with a feast of gastronomic delights and international foods from across the globe. Imagine mouth-watering paella’s, hearty Greek cuisine and rare African delicacies,
- An Amusement Park comprising of thrilling rides for the little ones while mom and dad can explore the country market and Emperors Table (a one-stop shop where guests can sample everything on offer at the festival before exploring the fiesta for themselves);
- For those longing for summer, what better way to welcome warmer days than with the Emperors Beach.
The whopping 80m stretch of sandy beach scattered with picnic cushions and island bars will provide the perfect day time family retreat. As the sun sets, Emperors Beach will be transformed by fairy lights into a laid-back island vibe, perfect for cocktail sipping and romantic dances alongside the big fire pits.
Tickets for the festival cost R80 per person with complimentary entry for children under the age of 12. Amusement park rides cost R25 per ride. The festival will be open on Thursday and Friday from 16h00 to 22h30, Saturday from 11h00 to 22h30, and on Sunday from 10h00 to 18h00. Parking will be available next to the 5-star D’oreale Grande hotel and across the resort.
For those who wish to extend they visit, Emperors Palace has tailor-made accommodation packages starting from as little as R400 per person sharing, inclusive of breakfast. For bookings, contact Central Reservations on 0860 777 900 or visit www.peermont.com and quote the word “FESTIVAL” to qualify for this fantastic rate.